Gravesham council release booklet detailing summer’s free events
PUBLISHED: 11:32 21 July 2017
It includes various sporting activities
A summer full of free events started this week in Gravesend.
All the information to see you through summer is available in the council’s 24-page booklet.
It gives children, of all different ages, information on what’s on over the summer holidays.
Some events include:
· A gymnastics and trampolining summer camp
· Four free Park Life events at Gordon Promenade, Cascades Leisure Centre, Higham Recreation Ground and Camer Park
· A nature-themed walking trail
· Various sports including hockey, cricket, basketball, tennis, wheelchair rugby and football
· An introduction to fishing and pond dipping
· There’s even a summer reading challenge
15,000 copies have been distributed to all schools across the borough plus secondary schools covering years seven, eight and nine, as well as libraries, leisure centres, the tourism office at Gravesend Borough Market and the council’s main reception.
Sandra Garside, councillor for sport and leisure, said: “There’s no excuse to be bored this summer as there’s so much to keep children in our borough occupied.
“It’s a great opportunity to take part in something you love or to try something new. The guide has all the information for each event and has something for the whole family, in most cases it’s free to take part too.”