Search

Children raped in the toilets of Welling McDonald’s by known paedophile

10:13 21 December 2010

Simon Archer

Simon Archer

Archant

A 23-year-old man has been found guilty of sexually assaulting a seven-year-old boy and his four-year-old brother in the toilets of a McDonald’s restaurant.

Simon Archer from Belvedere, was found guilty of one count of oral rape and two counts of penetration at Woolwich Crown Court last Thursday (16) after the incident in the McDonald’s restaurant in Welling.

The four week trial comes after the boys were attacked on Sunday, July 4, at approximately 2.30pm whilst their father was in the restaurant with their other siblings.

A bare-chested Archer, who has a previous conviction for sexual activity towards two young children, entered the toilets and began his attack on the brothers. The ordeal only ended when the four-year-old boy fell to the floor in floods of tears and Archer left.

It was days later when the attack came to light after their mother suggested they eat at the same restaurant and the boys refused. After she asked why they were upset, they told her why.

After the four week trial, Acting Detective Inspector Jon Summers, from the Sapphire unit which investigates sexual assaults, said: “Simon Archer is a dangerous person who has previous committed sexual offences against strangers and I am pleased that he has been convicted and now faces a prison sentence.

“We cannot rule out the possibility that he may have committed crimes against others and I would urge anyone who has been a victim of a sex crime to contact the police.

“This was a particularly challenging case but the Metropolitan Police Service left no stone overturned in tracing a huge amount of evidence that proved Archer was responsible for the assault on the two young boys.

“What he did has had a devastating affect on his very young victims and their family who showed immense fortitude and courage in coming forward.”

Archer is due to be sentenced on Wednesday, January 26.

A spokesperson for McDonald’s said: “We were deeply shocked to learn of this dreadful incident and our thoughts are with the children and their family.

“Our existing security measures include CCTV which did contribute to the conviction of this offender. We continuously review security in our restaurants to ensure that our procedures and equipment are effective, proportionate and help provide the safest restaurant environment for our customers and staff.”

0 comments

Latest Bexley news

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Jams right back to the Darenth Interchange

Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Railway tracks

Delays for travellers this morning passing through busy south London station

Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Princes Park

Ali Reith spent his 16th birthday in hospital

Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Bunmi Rachael Babalola, who completed the course previously, with Peabody’s tenant and family support officer Brian Alexander and Trust Thamesmead’s senior community development officer Lisa-Ann Newton

Learn how to cope with kids

Monday, August 31, 2015
Fire

Fire raged for almost four hours at Wetherspoon’s

Friday, August 28, 2015
James Pearce Snr

A father and his two sons have been sentenced.

Most read news

Competitions

Get ready to take in the beautiful sights of London from above!

Are you always seeking unique ways to see your favourite city? This one is for you.

Shop till you drop!

Home to top name brands at great prices, TK Maxx is more like a treasure hunt than a shop. Perfect for grabbing a bargain or some hidden gems, you arm yourself with a trolley and go wild.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Bexley Times e-edition today E-edition


Family Notices 24
Our trusted business finder