Search

Male escort sold singer ordeal story’

PUBLISHED: 15:54 27 November 2008 | UPDATED: 15:46 25 August 2010

A MALE escort who claims Boy George handcuffed him and beat him in a revenge attack was accused of cashing in on his story on Tuesday.

A MALE escort who claims Boy George handcuffed him and beat him in a revenge attack was accused of cashing in on his story on Tuesday.

Eltham born DJ George, 47, is accused of shackling Auden Carlsen, 29, to a hook drilled into his bedroom wall after accusing the Norwegian of snooping on his computer.

Mr Carlsen claims he punched and lashed him with chains in a terrifying ordeal at the singer's apartment in trendy Shoreditch, east London on April 27 last year.

But Adrian Waterman QC, defending George, real name George O'Dowd, said Mr Carlsen had been dishonest with cops when officers quizzed him over selling his story.

The barrister said Detective Constable Ryan Mills telephoned Mr Carlsen five days after George allegedly imprisoned the Scandinavian when an interview appeared in a national newspaper.

Mr Carlsen said he told DC Mills he received no money from the British tabloid, but also informed the officer he took £4,000 from a Norwegian magazine.

He admitted discussing cash payments with publicist Caroline Compton just two days after his alleged ordeal and kept quiet about a further £1,500 from the Norwegian title.

He said: "I did tell the police that I first got £4,000.

"I never lied about that.

"I thought he [Mr Mills] meant The Sun interview for which I didn't receive any money."

Mr Carlsen said he spoke to the media for the sake of his family and he did not rule out being interviewed again after the trial.

A jury has heard George brandished a box of chains and leather straps as Mr Carlsen lay handcuffed in the bedroom of the 1980s' popstar's apartment.

Mr Carlsen - who had earlier posed for erotic photographs after meeting George on homosexual networking website Gaydar.co.uk - managed to wrench himself free and escape.

Wearing just trainers and boxer shorts, the Norwegian ran through the streets before finding sanctuary at a newsagents.

Snaresbrook Crown Court has heard how George went 'ballistic' after accusing Mr Carlsen of tampering with his computer during an earlier drug-fuelled visit to his flat in Ravey Street.

He denies false imprisonment.

The trial continues.

0 comments

Latest Bexley news

Thursday, September 20, 2018

County Championship Division Two: Glamorgan (186 & 78) lost by an innings and 172 runs to Kent (436)

Thursday, September 20, 2018

The 80-year-old, who has scored more than 300 games, earned praise from England cricketer Stuart Broad

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Kent centurion Zak Crawley admitted it felt good to finally score his maiden century for the county on Wednesday.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

At the age of 15, notorious Bexley criminal Kenneth Noye left Bexleyheath School in 1962.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Kent opener Zak Crawley hit a fluent maiden first-class century to bolster his side’s promotion hopes and leave the Hop County in total command of their Specsavers County Championship clash with Division Two basement side Glamorgan.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The independent police watchdog has launched an investigation after a man in his 30s died while being detained by police in Bexleyheath on Monday night (September 17).

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Kent all-rounder Grant Stewart praised his team-mates after a good first day against Glamorgan in the County Championship.

Most read news

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Bexley Times e-edition today
E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Bexley Times twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists

Family Notices 24