Search

Man attempted to murder his former partner in Sidcup by stabbing her in the eyes with a pair of scissors

PUBLISHED: 16:23 14 July 2015 | UPDATED: 16:26 14 July 2015

Inner london Crown Court at Southwark

Inner london Crown Court at Southwark

Archant

20 years for deaf man who left his former partner with ‘devastating and life-changing injuries’

A MAN who attempted to murder his former partner in Sidcup by stabbing her in the eyes with a pair of scissors has been jailed for 20 years today.

Connor Fox caused his victim to have a major stroke when he stabbed her 12 times in the neck and face, targeting her eyes in an attempt to make her go blind.

The stroke left the left side of her body paralysed, severely impairing her ability to communicate as she is deaf and can no longer sign with both hands.

Prosecutor Baljit Ubhey said Fox clearly intended to kill the woman in the attack on April 24 last year.

“This was a vicious and sustained attack which has caused devastating and life-changing injuries to the victim,” he said.

“Fox went to her home shortly before midnight, and hid in the darkness of the garden before he entered through the back door and began a frenzied and murderous attack.”

Fox, who is also deaf, admitted attempted murder on the first day of his trial at Inner London Crown Court.

He was given an extended licence period of five years on top of his jail sentence, and made subject to a hospital and restriction order under the Mental Health Act.

His victim gave evidence through an intermediary and a team of sign language interpreters.

“I would like to praise her courage in attending court ready to give evidence even though she was spared having to do so by the defendant’s guilty plea,” Mr Ubhey added. “We thank her for supporting the prosecution.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Bexley Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Bexley Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Bexley Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Bexley news

Saturday, September 22, 2018

We talk to hundreds of local business owners every day; we hear their concerns, understand their challenges and share in their successes.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Kent’s Joe Denly and Rory Burns of Surrey earned earned their first Test call-ups for England’s forthcoming tour of Sri Lanka on Friday, but national selector Ed Smith insists there is no pressure to become “the new Alastair Cook”.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

The 80-year-old, who has scored more than 300 games, earned praise from England cricketer Stuart Broad

Thursday, September 20, 2018

County Championship Division Two: Glamorgan (186 & 78) lost by an innings and 172 runs to Kent (436)

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Kent centurion Zak Crawley admitted it felt good to finally score his maiden century for the county on Wednesday.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

At the age of 15, notorious Bexley criminal Kenneth Noye left Bexleyheath School in 1962.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Kent opener Zak Crawley hit a fluent maiden first-class century to bolster his side’s promotion hopes and leave the Hop County in total command of their Specsavers County Championship clash with Division Two basement side Glamorgan.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Yellow warning has been issued by the Met Office for the east of England as “very strong winds” are expected tomorrow evening and Friday morning.

Most read news

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Bexley Times e-edition today
E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Bexley Times twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists

Family Notices 24