Search

Southeastern say first day of timetable changes across Kent and London a success

PUBLISHED: 16:23 21 May 2018 | UPDATED: 09:35 22 May 2018

Today was the first day of Southeastern's timetable changes. Picture: Southeastern

Today was the first day of Southeastern's timetable changes. Picture: Southeastern

Archant

This morning, commuters across London, Kent and East Sussex travelled to work using services operating to Southeastern’s new timetable.

This morning, commuters across London, Kent and East Sussex travelled to work using services operating to Southeastern’s new timetable.

The company has said that the changes have been successful so far, with services “largely running smoothly, with no cancellations or major incidents and the overwhelming majority of trains getting people to work on time.”

During the morning peak on Monday, May 21 (5am - 10am):

•93pc of trains arrived at their destinations within five minutes of their scheduled arrival

•74 pc of trains arrived within 59 seconds of their scheduled arrival (Right Time)

Southeastern say that this is above average for Monday morning peak time and significantly above their right time target of 70pc.

Ellie Burrows, train services director at Southeastern, said: “We know that for many passengers that it can be challenging to adapt to a new train timetable, with service schedules becoming embedded in the daily routine of many people who commute to the capital and across the south east for work.

“These changes are allowing us to introduce more services onto the Southeastern network.

“There will be more seats on Highspeed services in the morning peak, increased train frequency in places like Greenwich and Orpington, faster journeys from Gravesend and Dartford into the capital, and better connections.

“Services from Rainham will connect passengers to destinations as far north as Luton.”

Ms Burrows added that the changes will increase support for local businesses and communities across the capital, Kent and East Sussex.

She added: “For the vast majority of our passengers, the new services mean more choice and better journeys and we look forward to continuing our drive towards delivering an improved experience for all our customers on the network.”

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Bexley Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Bexley Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Bexley Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Latest Bexley news

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Kent travel to Birmingham for their Specsavers County Championship Division Two title showdown with Warwickshire starting on Monday.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

We talk to hundreds of local business owners every day; we hear their concerns, understand their challenges and share in their successes.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Kent’s Joe Denly and Rory Burns of Surrey earned earned their first Test call-ups for England’s forthcoming tour of Sri Lanka on Friday, but national selector Ed Smith insists there is no pressure to become “the new Alastair Cook”.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

The 80-year-old, who has scored more than 300 games, earned praise from England cricketer Stuart Broad

Thursday, September 20, 2018

County Championship Division Two: Glamorgan (186 & 78) lost by an innings and 172 runs to Kent (436)

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Kent centurion Zak Crawley admitted it felt good to finally score his maiden century for the county on Wednesday.

Thursday, September 20, 2018

At the age of 15, notorious Bexley criminal Kenneth Noye left Bexleyheath School in 1962.

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Kent opener Zak Crawley hit a fluent maiden first-class century to bolster his side’s promotion hopes and leave the Hop County in total command of their Specsavers County Championship clash with Division Two basement side Glamorgan.

Most read news

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Bexley Times e-edition today
E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Bexley Times twice-weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Show Job Lists

Family Notices 24