Search

Bexleyheath blaze caused by electrical fault in shower

PUBLISHED: 08:11 29 July 2013 | UPDATED: 08:13 29 July 2013

A Bexleyheath fire was sparked by an electrical fault in a shower on last night.

The incident in Sidney Road was attended by one crew from Bexleyheath station and no one was injured. The brigade was called at 9.44pm and the fire was extinguished within half an hour.

The homeowners did not have a smoke alarm fitted and watch manager Graham Uttley urged people to take advantage of the brigade’s free fitting service.

Watch manager Graham Uttley said: “We fit them free of charge and after extinguishing the fire we did this for the residents of the Sidney Road house.

“It’s always better to be safe than sorry.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Bexley Times