Search

Broadway Shopping Centre evacuated after shoppers smell smoke

PUBLISHED: 10:54 22 April 2015 | UPDATED: 10:54 22 April 2015

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

More than 30 firefighters called to the scene

THE Broadway shopping centre in Bexleyheath was evacuated on Tuesday after shoppers smelled smoke.

More than 400 shoppers were moved out after a stray cigarette started a small fire.

Some 31 firefighters were called to the centre in Albion Street just after 10.15am.

There were no reports of any injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Bexley Times