Search

Fire rips through first floor of maisonnette in Abbey Wood

PUBLISHED: 10:33 27 June 2016 | UPDATED: 10:33 27 June 2016

Fire

Fire

2010 Getty Images

Crews were called to the blaze at around 1.45pm

More than 20 firefighters were called to a house fire in Coralline Walk, Abbey Wood on Sunday.

The first floor of a two-storey maisonette was badly damaged as the blaze tore through the home.

One person managed to escape the building before firefighters arrived on scene.

Crews were called to the scene just before 1.45pm and had the fire under control just before 3pm.

The fire is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

No injuries were reported.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Bexley Times