Firefighters rescue Parakeet from fireplace in Sidcup
PUBLISHED: 11:54 26 March 2014 | UPDATED: 11:59 26 March 2014
Emergency crews from Sidcup fire station rescued a parakeet trapped behind a fireplace yesterday.
The fire brigade were called to a house on Station road, Sidcup, at 11am yesterday after a confused resident heard squawking from behind his fireplace.
At the first the man had no idea what it was but eventually realised it was a stricken bird.
After being unable to contact the RSPCA the man called the fire brigade who attended the scene, removing the fireplace and releasing the prisoner parakeet.
The avian intruder did not belong to the resident and flew off after being set free.
Was this your parakeet? or do you know who it belongs to? If so contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 477 3835
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.