Search

Flat fire in Bexley High Street caused by cigarette

PUBLISHED: 18:38 20 August 2013 | UPDATED: 18:52 20 August 2013

Ten firefighters were called to a flat fire in Bexley High Street this afternoon at about 2.30pm.

The fire was brought under control within 15 minutes after it was quickly spotted by a passerby.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and it is believed the fire was started by a cigarette.

Watch manager Graham Uttley said: “People should be careful with their cigarettes and smoking materials. We fit smoke alarms free of charge and you can arrange this on the London Fire Brigade website.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Bexley Times