Male escort sold singer ordeal story’

PUBLISHED: 15:54 27 November 2008 | UPDATED: 15:46 25 August 2010

A MALE escort who claims Boy George handcuffed him and beat him in a revenge attack was accused of cashing in on his story on Tuesday.

A MALE escort who claims Boy George handcuffed him and beat him in a revenge attack was accused of cashing in on his story on Tuesday.

Eltham born DJ George, 47, is accused of shackling Auden Carlsen, 29, to a hook drilled into his bedroom wall after accusing the Norwegian of snooping on his computer.

Mr Carlsen claims he punched and lashed him with chains in a terrifying ordeal at the singer's apartment in trendy Shoreditch, east London on April 27 last year.

But Adrian Waterman QC, defending George, real name George O'Dowd, said Mr Carlsen had been dishonest with cops when officers quizzed him over selling his story.

The barrister said Detective Constable Ryan Mills telephoned Mr Carlsen five days after George allegedly imprisoned the Scandinavian when an interview appeared in a national newspaper.

Mr Carlsen said he told DC Mills he received no money from the British tabloid, but also informed the officer he took £4,000 from a Norwegian magazine.

He admitted discussing cash payments with publicist Caroline Compton just two days after his alleged ordeal and kept quiet about a further £1,500 from the Norwegian title.

He said: "I did tell the police that I first got £4,000.

"I never lied about that.

"I thought he [Mr Mills] meant The Sun interview for which I didn't receive any money."

Mr Carlsen said he spoke to the media for the sake of his family and he did not rule out being interviewed again after the trial.

A jury has heard George brandished a box of chains and leather straps as Mr Carlsen lay handcuffed in the bedroom of the 1980s' popstar's apartment.

Mr Carlsen - who had earlier posed for erotic photographs after meeting George on homosexual networking website - managed to wrench himself free and escape.

Wearing just trainers and boxer shorts, the Norwegian ran through the streets before finding sanctuary at a newsagents.

Snaresbrook Crown Court has heard how George went 'ballistic' after accusing Mr Carlsen of tampering with his computer during an earlier drug-fuelled visit to his flat in Ravey Street.

He denies false imprisonment.

The trial continues.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Bexley Times