Search

Medical negligence support deadline approaching for patients of Rod Irvine

PUBLISHED: 15:08 23 September 2015 | UPDATED: 15:14 23 September 2015

Queen Mary's Hospital Sidcup

Queen Mary's Hospital Sidcup

Archant

Deadline is within first week of October

Patients who believe they received substandard care under gynaecologist and surgeon Mr Rod Irvine whilst have until October 5 to appeal for compensation.

Mr Irvine previously worked at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup.

The NHS Litigation Authority, working alongside medical negligence lawyers at Irwin Mitchell established the compensation scheme last year, after 2000 women were notified that concerns may be arising around Mr Irvine’s treatment of them.

Mr Irvine’s practicing license was restricted after the General Medical Council received a number of complaints, Mr Irvine was suspended by the GMC in November 2012.

Mr Irvine’s treatment is said to have caused women “physical harm” and had a “significant emotional impact” by a member of Irwin Mitchell.

Esther Wilkinson, a specialist solicitor at Irwin Mitchell said:

“Since the scheme was set up we have been contacted by many women who thought they were alone in their concerns about the treatment provided by Mr Irvine.”

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Bexley Times