Search

Motorbike shooting: Drug dealer denies all charges

PUBLISHED: 17:03 12 August 2009 | UPDATED: 17:02 25 August 2010

A CRIME boss organised a drive-by motorbike shooting in a village, a court has heard.

A CRIME boss organised a drive-by motorbike shooting in a village, a court has heard.

The trial of the seven men charged in connection with the shooting in Fulbourn, Cambridge, began at Norwich Crown Court last Wednesday.

Jurors heard that the shooting, which involved a masked gunman perched the back of a motorbike, left a Cambridgeshire village home peppered with bullets.

The court heard that Matthew Carpenter, a 28-year-old drug dealer from Cambridge, organised the attack on April 19 last year to prove to people that "messing with him was not a game".

The shots were allegedly fired by 20-year-old Marlon Robinson, also of Cambridge.

Both have denied firearms and drugs charges, and the trial is expected to last up to nine weeks.

Aymon Popo, 24, from Thamesmead, is alleged to have helped source a gun but denies possessing a prohibited firearm.

Prosecutor Maureen Baker QC told jurors that Andrew Beaumont and his family were out at the time of the shooting but that crime scene investigators found more than 40 bullet marks.

Miss Baker said: "What was left behind was a scene more akin to a gangster movie than an ordinary Cambridgeshire village". The jury was not told why the house was targeted. Mr Carpenter and Marlon Robinson also deny charges relating to the supply of drugs.

The six other men deny conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life. The trial continues.

Most Read

Latest from the Bexley Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists