Teen admits part in street gang’s vicious knifing

PUBLISHED: 10:44 25 June 2009 | UPDATED: 16:50 25 August 2010

A 16-YEAR-OLD boy admitted his part in a gang attack in which a brave student was knifed four times.

A 16-YEAR-OLD boy admitted his part in a gang attack in which a brave student was knifed four times.

The youth was just 14 when he got involved with members of the Ferrier Boyz street gang - named after the estate where they lived - to attack 20-year-old Faheem Javaid.

The victim had confronted the gang after they robbed his 14-year-old brother on a bus in Kidbrooke on June 25, 2007.

In July last year six members of the gang laughed as they were jailed for a total of 46 years for the attack.

Gang leader Yassin-Noor, 20, was caged for 15 years at the Old Bailey for attempted murder.

Five other teenage gang members - Alex Ojerinola, Simba Chiuture, Neil Williamson, all 17, and Younatan Frezgi and Trevon Bert, both 15, were jailed for between five and eight years after being variously convicted of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and robbery.

The 16-year-old boy, who has no previous convictions, pleaded guilty to violent disorder on Monday. He was released on conditional bail pending sentencing on July 24. The youth had been due to stand trial accused of attempted murder and robbery but his plea to the lesser charge was accepted by prosecutors. He denies being a member of the Ferrier Boyz gang.

Mr Javaid was punched, kicked, beaten with a brick and pounded with a motorcycle helmet before Yassin-Noor stabbed him four times in the back.

The gang first targeted Mr Javaid's 14-year-old brother after spotting him on the number 112 bus in Kidbrooke as he made his way home from school.They robbed him of his pocket money before jumping off the bus to use the cash to buy a McDonald's meal in Well Hall Road, Eltham.

The upset schoolboy sent a text message to older brother Faheem who bravely set out to track down the robbers.

Mr Javaid suffered a 10cm deep wound to his back as well as slashes to his face and only survived thanks to life-saving surgery in hospital.

The attack was thwarted when passers-by stepped in to help the victim, who was able to stumble to a nearby home and raise the alarm.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Bexley Times