Search

Unattended barbecue causes Bexleyheath garden blaze

PUBLISHED: 08:28 29 July 2013

A garden blaze was caused by an unattended barbecue in the early hours of Monday morning (July 29) in Bexleyheath.

The brigade were called to Dallin Road at 5.57am after a barbecue which was used the previous night was not disposed of properly and caught fire to trees and a shed. One engine attended from Bexleyheath station and the fire was under control within 45 minutes.

Watch manager Graham Uttley urged people to dispose of their disposable barbecues properly.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Bexley Times