UPDATE: Sidcup’s Adam Whelehan sentenced to life for Swanley Natalie Jarvis murder
PUBLISHED: 09:24 25 April 2013 | UPDATED: 17:04 25 April 2013
Sidcup man Adam Whelehan has been sentenced to life in jail for the murder of Natalie Jarvis in Swanley, and will serve at least 26 years.
The 23-year-old, of Rosebery Avenue, was found guilty by a jury in Maidstone Crown Court yesterday (April 24) after a three-week trial.
His co-accused Thomas Fuller, of Oakley Road, Eltham, was acquitted of the same charged.
Miss Jarvis was killed on October 3 last year in Swanley Village Road. During the trial it was revealed that the victim suffered a total of 19 wounds to the neck.
Whelehan had driven with Mr Fuller, also 23, in the boot of his car to meet Miss Jarvis. Whelehan got out of the car to speak with Natalie about their relationship but then returned and told his friend to drive.
At 2.10am he handed himself into Bexleyheath police station, saying he wanted to talk about a murder.
Whelehan was charged with Miss Jarvis’ murder on October 5 and Mr Fuller was charged on October 11.
Investigating officer Det Insp Gavin Moss said: “What has really struck me throughout the course of this investigation is the complete dignity the family have displayed and I would like to publicly pay tribute to them and the strength that they have shown.
“A daughter and a sister was cruelly taken from them last October in such tragic circumstances, yet they have assisted our investigation massively, and helped us reach today’s result.
“Natalie was a young, popular girl, with many happy years and experiences to look forward to with her family and friends; Adam Whelehan stole that from her. Whelehan is a young man, but will be spending the rest of his youth exactly where he deserves to be – in prison.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.