What is your favourite pancake topping?
PUBLISHED: 13:08 13 February 2018 | UPDATED: 13:38 13 February 2018
So what is your favourite pancake topping?
Today is Shrove Tuesday - commonly known as Pancake Day - the one day of the year when eating as many pancakes as possible is completely acceptable.
The date of Shrove Tuesday is determined by Easter, for which the actual date changes on an annual basis.
The day takes place each year exactly 47 days before Easter Sunday and is traditionally celebrated by eating pancakes in order to use up rich indulgent foods such as sugar and milk before the 40-day fasting season begins.
How to make your own perfect pancakes
• 100g plain flour
• 2 large eggs
• 300ml milk
• Sunflower or vegetable oil - for cooking
• Put eggs, flour, milk into a bowl and combine to make a smooth batter.
• Set a frying pan over a medium heat and add a little sunflower or vegetable oil.
• Add batter mix to the pan and cook pancakes until golden on each side.
• Serve with a topping of your choice - lemon and sugar, ice cream, chocolate spread or strawberries.
Let us know what your favourite pancake topping is, and if you think we missed one off our poll!
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Bexley Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.